Built in 1928 as a YMCA camp, Channing had been home for thousands of city children thirsting for a taste of country living, even if just for a brief time during the summer.  The mystique and joy of cabin living, campfire songs, mist rising off the lake, and creating friendships that lasted a lifetime is at the heart and soul of Channing.  The camp closed in the early 1980’s and had sat vacant for years.  Most recently it had been a private residence, with much of the original Administration building and camp dining hall untouched.